Drivers in courier and delivery service play a significant role in making the world to move faster. Proficient drivers appointed in leading delivery services encompass immense experience and training and they are able to apply the latest technologies as integral part of transportation. They are not just the ordinary drivers who simply pick up and drop off the parcels, but they work with absolute dedication to meet the constant challenges of logistics services, including deadlines and schedules. Eventually, the delivery service drivers are among the indirect key factors, deciding the success of a corporate business. They can manage all types of automobiles starting from light trucks, vans to box trucks also known as dock trucks in some part of the country.
Drivers might not always be treated as well as a banker or an accountant. But they have tremendous responsibility in performing their jobs. They have to fight the traffic throughout the day which is more stressful than staying inside an office and analyzing the financial conditions of a business. Even then, there are lots of drivers in the courier service industries who have been serving the industry for decades.
Let’s explore the responsibilities of a driver’s daily activities in maintaining a good profession. After carefully reviewing express delivery service their responsibilities, it is very clear that driving is an art and the drivers deserve to be credited for their hard work just like the bankers, accountants and medical professionals.
Drivers are committed to perform the following duties:
- Operate a fleet of vehicles including vans, light trucks to deliver or pick up any type of packages, parcels, envelopes, magazines, process service, heavy machines, medicines, clinical equipments, medical reports and lab specimens.
- Attentive while driving to avoid accidents
- Follow State and Federal driving rules
- Inspection of the vehicle before and after every trip
- Play an important role in deciding the service routes and travel schedules, according to the timing, size, weight and nature of the parcels
- Load as well as unload goods, merchandise and cargo
- Maintaining direct customer relationship during the delivery with friendly and pleasant demeanor
- Immediately contacting the customers through phone or e-mail, when there is an unexpected delay in the delivery
- Make a record of pick-up and delivery timings
- Thorough paper work for every delivery
- Documentation of mileage of the vehicle along with driving time safety check
- Indicate the requirement of maintenance of the vehicle, if any
- Proper communication with the central dispatch unit through mobile and GPS communication gadgets.
Rain or shine, dedicated driver team heads out each day and deliver our business promises, in person with problem solving skills, logical thinking skills and a sharp mind for planning and execution of deliveries. Drivers help courier service business to maintain excellent service that makes the company succeed.